Thursday, April 21, 2005

jobs

I have been looking for a new job since I came out to Columbus. The job I have in a call center is 1. not very rewarding, 2. not financially beneficial, 3. very stressful. If you read sheep, sheep and more sheep, then you know exactly what my day is like. I need to make more money. I am barely make my rent and have to pay for a divorce lawyer as well as the usual bills we all pay. Anyway I have been on the job hunt for a couple of months, looking for a job that I could enjoy doing while getting paid a reasonable rate of pay. I have applied to and been offered different jobs. Some good, some not so good. I was called back for a third interview with a company I really wanted to work for. They lead me to believe that the job was mine. Even telling me that I would go to Florida for a week for training. I was looking forward to earning enough money to live. I admit it my hopes were very high. Why do managers and supervisors give people such high hopes?
There was at least two people who pretty much told me I had the job. So during the whole incident with H, as if that day wasn't bad enough, I call to ask about the job and I am told that it was down between me and another person and I didn't get it. Great Frosting to add to an already shitty day. So needless to say I am back looking for another job. D said I should stop looking for a job based on money and find one based on things I enjoy doing. Smart women that D. So now I am on the hunt for a job that I will enjoy. Hopefully something involving Harley Davidson motorcycles or animals. Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home