Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Don't let appearances deceive

Today I woke up early. I had an interview. Now if you read sheep sheep and more sheep you would know how much I like my job. I am definitely looking for a new one.
I was cruising monster job when I came upon one I thought looked good. Today I had an interview with Ameriquest Mortgage. I am sitting in a room with 40 middle aged men in blue or black suites. I am one of two women. Everyone but me has years of mortgage experience. Now I have none, not one little tiny bit of mortgage or banking experience. They started calling one on one interviews. I watched as two of the three people in front of me where called, interviewed and then walked out. My turn came, I spoke with a very nice guy. His whole interview was tell me why I should hire you. I spoke about my sales experience and my telephone skills. Told him I like to make money while helping people. He said great and sent me down the hall to speak with the branch manager. I had made the first cut. Now I waited for Monika to come and interview. We talked for a while and seemed to hit it off pretty well. She asked me the main reason I wanted to work for her. Again I said I need to make money. Money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure doesn't hurt. She laughed and asked me to fill out a huge application. She also asked me if I was available to interview with the district manager on the 13th of this month. oh my goodness I made it. So now I only have to make it through the district manager. The base pay is more then I am making as a sheep herder. Plus commission. She told me that their people who have been with the company a year and hustle make average 10,000 a month. A month! I could really live on 10,000 a month. Vacations, coach purses, Ann taylor suits. Oh yea life would be good. The moral of this blog is don't let people distract you or cause you to start you doubting your self. Put your assets forward and let your attributes stand for themselves. Don't let appearances deceive.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girly! vacations, here we come!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005  
Blogger Faeth Gale said...

Woohooo! Not to mention shoes, giggle! I'll keep the good thoughts coming.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005  
Blogger Ravenslove said...

Thanks ladies! Shoes and bags all around.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home