Sunday, March 06, 2005

A brush with Arnold!

It started out as any ordinary day, woke up when Raven called to say good morning. He was especially woofy today. Very sweet and loving. We had a great conversation about our life to come. I told him that my new roommate and I were going out for coffee and to see a movie. We went to caribou coffee house. We read the paper, cut coupons and got to know each other a little better. We decided to go and see the movie Hitch with Will Smith. It was very funny, a look into the relationships between men and women. Let me tell you if there was truly a man as wonderful as Will Smith portrays we would all want him.
M and I decided to find a Radio Shack as I needed to find a small tape recorder. We are walking along Easton Mall in Columbus just minding our own business. I am intent on finding the store, M is just people watching. When up ahead I notice three really cute guys in suits with little tiny radio wires sticking out of their ears. They appeared to be talking into the wrists of their suite coats. Now someone with a little more on the ball, then I have today would be thinking. WOW someone important must be coming. No not me, I think, man these guys are pretty rude making everybody move out of their way. They make a lady with a baby carriage move, pretty mean if you ask me. Anyway I think this in about 30 seconds when I see the store we are looking for. I turn to go in the general direction of the store when I feel someone grab my arm. Now as an ex cop it is not a good idea for anyone to put their hands on me (unless I want them to). So I pull away and get ready to let them have it (still not sure if I would have come up swinging or swearing) When I hear my roommate say " look, look, Ravenslove look!!!" I am like" WHAT those fucking rude guys!" I am not quiet. When she says" no Arnold." By now I am ticked I just want to get to Radio Shack. I say "ARNOLD WHO?!!!" At this point I dodge around one of the suit guys and run right into Arnold Schwarzenegger. Now I am about a foot and half from the governor of California. Everybody has stopped. All eyes are on me and Arnold. The body guards are all sizing me up as if I am John Wilkes Booth. So I smile at Arnold and Say "Hi Gov, Hows it going?" At which point he says in that voice of his "Fine, how are you?" I say "Fine thank you" and move along. Now I am past being jumped on by a bunch of body guards and heading for the Radio Shack. When my roommate says I can't believe you didn't see Arnold sooner. I said "look I was busy, unless someone stopped and said 'Hey Ravenslove how the hell are you!' I wouldn't have noticed the president. Much less a Governor." And I walked into Radio Shack surrounded by peals of laughter. Now I have to call my best friend and tell her to quit sending her Governor to check up on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home