Friday, February 18, 2005

Raven in the hole!

When they put Raven in segregation. We were told that we were not allowed to communicate in any way. They lied. When you separate to people in love they will figure a way around, over or through any obstacles put in their way. When they wouldn't let mail go through I wrote in another name and address. He answered to a P.O. Box. We would be able to get mail for a couple of weeks before they would catch on and stop our mail. We would wait a little bit of time and start again with a hole new name and address. Lovers will find a way to be together in any way shape or form. In the meantime they were making Ravens stay in the hole as hard as possible. When the packed up his belongings they "lost" or destroyed most of his belongings. His address book was destroyed. His boots, which he wears for medical reasons where "lost". Any cassette tapes he had where thrown away. Raven has been incarcerated for 10 years and in that time he had collected property that allowed him to survive and enjoy occasional minutes, either reading or listening to music. In segregation you are locked up in a 8x9 cell with one other person for 23 hours a day. You are allowed out into outside cells for 1 hour for recreation. In all that time Raven wrote me. Wrote me the most beautiful love letters. Telling me his dreams for our life together. We will be together when he makes parole. Raven was supposed to be up for parole in August of 2004. After they put him in the hole they refused to allow him to come up for parole. Because of being in love with me, he will now be up for parole in April 2005. We both believe that he will not get it this time. Most convicts up for parole the first time do not get it, in Ohio. We pray to the Great Spirit will look over my heart, and give him the lowest flop. A flop is an extended time that they will keep them in prison. We think anything under 3 years will be acceptable. We pray that he gets less. They could give him time served which would let him out in June 2005. I am not getting my hopes up, but that would be the best case scenario. What amazes me about my future husband is that because of our relationship he was left in the hole for 3 months, had his security raised and was sent to one of the worse prisons in the state of Ohio. If he gets flopped, it will be because of the ticket he received when he admitted to loving me.
They finally transferred him to the new institution. When he arrived there, the first thing he did was call me. My heart just about stopped. Now we would at least be allowed to write and speak on the phone. Let me tell you my phone bill was horrendous that first month. I didn't care it was heaven to hear his voice. I had missed his laugh. Even though we where still far apart, it was good to be home with him. Now we just have to conquer visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home