Sunday, February 13, 2005

How Raven and I met.

How Raven and I met. A story of lust, confusion and love. I was a Corrections officer. Just getting out of the academy, when all employees where invited to a employee appreciation dinner. I really didn't want to go. I was in the middle of a divorce from my husband of 15 years. I missed my grandson, Joey. Since we where told it was pretty much mandatory to attend the dinner I decided to invite Joey to come to the dinner. My soon to be ex came with Joey to the dinner. Joey's was 5 at the time. He had a blast at the prison. Making friends with everyone. The prison even had the cell dogs there for the kids to play with. But wait I digress. We found a place to sit and when our table was called we went into the room where they where serving the food. There behind the main table was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. Now I am not one to be struck silent by anything. Yet all I could do was look at this man. He was so sexy. He was looking at me about the way I figured I was looking at him. All I could think was, man I need to throw a party and hire this caterer. We talked and I was polite and smiled. I didn't notice the looks we where getting. Joey and I went back to our seats to eat dinner. When we wanted desert, I took Joey back in for some cake, but there wasn't any left. Joey was starting to cry when Raven brought him a piece of cake from behind the table. I didn't know at the time he was saving it to bring back to the dorm.
Fast forward to the next afternoon, I am in uniform and reporting for shift. We are called in to the captains office there are things missing from the dinner last night the whole camp has to be shaken down. We are on lock down, no inmate movement. The first thing I had to do was go into the other room and search the cooks and workers from last night's dinner. I go into the other room and look into the same sexy brown eyes that silenced me last night. Oh crap, from the look on his face he is thinking the same thing. You see I wasn't in uniform last night I was dressed up. Now the truth about the situation hits both of us in the face. Neither one of us is happy about it. I search him and the other cooks, we find nothing. After searching the entire camp and 1600 inmates they find the missing items in the dumpster behind the kitchen. Thrown there by free staff that didn't know better.
I received my assignment two days later. My job? Dorm officer, it would be my job to monitor 230 guys who live in the dorm. We call the dorms houses. My house was Ontario C & D. I was the third shift dorm officer. It was me and one other officer who would make sure all was quite on the 10 pm to 6 am shift. I still hadn't learned Raven's name or where he was in the camp yet. Frankly I was not looking for him either. I wanted to keep my job and stay out of trouble. Our house was the Kitchen dorm. All inmates that come to the camp have to do a stint in the kitchen. Most of them slept in my house. One job of the dorm officer was to wake up the kitchen workers at 3 am. I was waking up the workers my first night there, following a list that had their names and numbers as well as bunk numbers. I went from one street to the next on C side. Then moved over to D side started down first street to wake up the guy in D20. When you wake up inmates you don't touch them, you are likely to be hurt doing that.
You either tap the metal frame on their bunk or you shake the mattress they are sleeping on. I reached down, shook D20's mattress. He woke up looked at me. I looked at him. We both knew we where in trouble from then on. Raven lived in my house. It would be very hard for me to avoid him, and impossible for him to avoid me. That was the meeting, Lust at first sight. Not just Lust the knowledge that we had been together in the past and would be together in the future. The Great Spirit has an interesting view on how life should go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home