Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Great Spirit is always watching.

This morning I prayed, hard, harder then I ever have in my life. I had a meeting this morning with someone from the Adult Parole Authority. It was time to speak on Ravens' behalf. I have a parole packet put together with help from friends and family. The appointment was for 10 am. I was early. They took me in right away. No time to sit and ponder. I was ushered into a room with V.K. an Ohio parole hearing officer. She seemed nice enough, if not professional. Unfortunately the first thing she said is that her computer is not working. I handed her the packet. She appeared very impressed, asked questions about the contents. Then she asked if I had put the packet together myself. What does that mean? maybe I was feeling a little defensive, but i couldn't help think, that she was being somewhat condescending.
She asked if I had any questions. The first one I had was what category Raven was. In ohio, inmates are classified into a guideline table. Categories down the left side of the table, with risk factor across the top. follow them together and you have guidelines for time served. Raven and I have a little disagreement as to what category he is. I say he is a 10 with a risk factor of 4 which gives him guidelines 150-210 months, he says he is a 9 with a risk factor of 4. Guidelines 108-144. Raven has 124 months served. Needless to say I am so praying I am wrong. That is one of the major questions I wanted answered today. Nope computer down not going to happen. VK couldn't answer anything I asked because she didn't have the details of the crime. I asked if I could reschedule the meeting. No it would be against APA rules to have more then one meeting. Now since this blog is not about the entire meeting I am going to continue on with the main title of this blog.
6 days ago I lost one of my favorite pair of earrings. I searched all over. We had parked on the side of the building so I looked from there to the apartment. No luck. I searched the clothes I was wearing and my apartment. No luck. I had given up. Just chalked it up to another of a string of bad luck.
Today I was walking Lupina. Walking her in the back parking lot. When a friend from work pulled up and asked how my day off had gone. I told him that it was pretty bad. Gave him the short version of the parole drama. I had just said to him. "Sometimes I just wonder why it's always so bad." C said to pray. I said that I think the Great Spirit is just to busy to watch out for me. That he had forgotten about me. As I was saying that I looked down. There in the lot, no where near I where I was the day I lost it, was my earring. I started crying. I realized right then, that he does love me, does care about me and is always watching out for me. So you see The Great Spirit is always watching.


I wil continue with the Parole Drama in another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home