Friday, May 20, 2005

So today is the day

Today is the day Raven goes before the parole board. Like this last week hasn't been stressful enough. Yesterday there was an incident with a c/o and all of 7 house was locked down. That meant no phone calls at all. Now thats bad on a normal day, but the day before the parole hearing, oh hell no, that sucks. Raven and I both kept cool and waited for the call this morning. When he was able to call and I answered we were both able to breath a little easier.
This morning we didn't say anything earth shattering or especially note worthy. I love you, it will be ok no matter what, and alot of keep your cool; Don't let them get to you. The 15 minutes always seem to go fast, only today they seemed like seconds. I wish I could be with him, by his side when he sees the board. That is not allowed in Ohio. So I sit here at work and I blog. At work you are not even supposed to have your cell phone on. You can be fired for it. Needless to say mine is on today and I wait. Not so patiently for the call that will change my life. I have prayed daily for what seems like forever. In the last year those prayers have taken a turn. I pray daily for people I love, people who I think need the prayers and most especially for Raven. I pray he will remain safe. That the board will realize the changes he has made in his life and how hard he has worked. I pray all the time that they will let him come home to me soon. That he will always love me and know that I will always adore him. That said I need this call to come in and to be the correct answer. That Raven will come home to me in 60 to 90 days. That would bring him home just in time for our birthdays. What a celebration. Yes I know I am rambling but today I just can't help it. If I don't ramble I will cry. Raven has spent 10 birthdays in prison. Seen 13 family or friends pass away, and lost touch and a relationship with his children. That should be punishment enough, but NO, along with that they won't let us see each other. Please Great Spirit, open the eyes of the board members, let them see the true Raven. Let him come home to start the rest of our life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home