Thursday, September 27, 2007

Breathing should get easier.


SANY0046_4.JPG
Originally uploaded by ravenslove
Today there were a few moments when I didn't think about what happened. Just a few precious moments out of a 10 hour shift. Those moments gave me hope that this to shall pass. The love my husband and I experience is like no other feeling we have ever had in the past. Raven isn't afraid of much, but when the decision was told to him, he was terrified. Terrified that I wouldn't last the two years. Maybe even decide to leave this life, leave him. He has been left in the past. Left because he is in prison, left because they couldn't handle it. Left because of death.
That's when I enlightened him to the truth. That I would never leave him. I could no more leave him then I could stop breathing. While breathing still hurts it is something I must do to survive. Just like I must love Raven to survive. There will come a day when the parole board will do whats right and let him come home were he belongs. Until then the moments grow into hours, the hours into days. Days into years.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my friend, the resilience you and the PF show is an inspiration and a breath of fresh air in the world where people come and go in our lives like the wind! I am truly blessed to have you both in my life and to be a witness to this beautiful story! And feel extremely lucky that I will be in the number for the homecoming celebration!! Love ya girly! Cynthia

Tuesday, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Ravenslove said...

Thanks girly.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home