Friday, July 20, 2007

Governor Strickland

Dear Governor Strickland:

My husband is currently incarcerated at NCCI in Marion Ohio. I realize that most do not care about an inmate. I am hoping you are different. My husband saw the board and was granted parole. The parole officer approved both our living arrangements and my husbands job. Yes he does have firm job offers. My husband has taken every class that was required of him and extra classes he felt would benefit him in the outside world.

The ODRC gave him a POA of 8/8/07. We finally had hope. His case manager told him that he was getting out 8/8/07 and would have his release papers within the week. He finally started believing that he was coming home.

Then on July 16, 2007 the parole board issued a stop parole letter. I still can't find out exactly why the letter was issued. My husband is a year over his max guidelines. Even the new ones that just came out. I am writing to let you know how cruel it is to give these guys a date they are going home and then to take it away. How hard it is and how much it ruins lives. Shouldn't all the issues be taken care of before the date given to the inmate and their families?

I realize, I will probably not get a true answer to this letter. I felt it necessary to write you and ask if you would check out this situation. My husband is not the only one this has happened to. There were 10 guys at my husbands prison alone. We as the family need to know how to prepare for these full boards. Please Help us.

Sincerely,

Ravenslove

3 Comments:

Blogger Ravenslove said...

ok if you can name the grandchildren in a comment you can leave your first name. But you won't because you have no courage. The posts you talked about are three years old. I haven't said a single word about my ex or the family. Your the one bringing it up. I've moved on. I suggest you do the same.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi girly!!! Just thought I would leave you some love on here!!! :) Don't worry about the haters, usually if they are hatin it is because of lack of something in their own lives!!! I don't wish bad on anyone, but sometimes in life it is better to leave the past in the past and move on, holding on doesn't change things or make them the way we want them to be!!! You have a wonderful life now and that is all that matters!!! Hi to the PF!!! Luv ya girly!!!! C and the K's,

Thursday, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Ravenslove said...

Thanks girly it appears the drama is over. Love to you and the girls. Thanks again for the support.

Thursday, August 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home