Friday, September 14, 2007

The Day After!

I have had a day to process and it doesn't make it any easier. The fact that the board made the decision they did with no reasons is still extremely hard to take. I felt so sick that I couldn't make it in to work today. My husband has done everything they told him too. The classes, the staying out of trouble. He is over the max guidelines that the board set to follow. They had given us a date of August 8 2007 for him to be home. STOPPED. Now the board has said no till 2009 which means he won't be home till February 2010.

Now there is a wonderful woman (M) who went to the meeting to support me. She works for a public office that should be hardened. M is not. She was so upset and disgusted by the boards decision that she couldn't go to work either. I had called her to say thank you. We ended up going out for lunch, the old fashioned three martini lunch. M is so very smart and fun to be around, that for a moment I forgot. Forgot how much I hurt right now. She makes me think, laugh and forget. For that I will be eternally grateful.

The thing is that Raven and I can make it. He loves me unconditionally as do I love him. He is sexy, fun and supportive. More love then I have ever felt. We did our first three years with no visits. Now at least we have visits, so that means we are 51 visits till Raven comes home. 27 months. Life goes on and it is what it is. It will be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home