Monday, September 24, 2007

So I have come to terms. Sort of.

Since September 12 I have come to terms that my husband will not be home till 2010. Sort of. We have an attorney who is working on his case as we speak. There has never been a full board that was overturned. We have enough reasons that in an actual court of law there would have been a mistrial. The lawyers would have been screaming. There was information that was not given and lies that were told. Lies that all they had to do is read the police report and the board would have known they lied. I have learned that you can never trust a public defender to have your best interests at heart. The lawyer we have now is preparing some information to request a reconsideration of the descision of the board. Until we hear I am just accepting that my husband will probably not come home till 2010.

Yes I know I have typed that twice I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that they had told us he was coming home August 8, 2007 then give him an
additional two years. So I keep saying it trying to make it easier to accept.

2010 seems so very far away. I remember in 2005 when we expected him to be flopped. It was hard then but the time did go quickly. We were not allowed to visit for the first 4 1/2 years so this should speed by.

We see each other every two weeks now. It's as close to perfect as a visit can be. Being with him, touching him, kissing him, is heaven. While we can't do everyting we want, we can talk and be together. He is loving, supportive and funny. We have more fun than one would expect. No pictures this week. Next visit October 7, 2007.

I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

So we do these two years in two week intervals and they will fly.

I love my husband.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you find peace and strength by being in one another's presence. It is unfortuante to hear of the turn of events in regards to your loved one approval, then denial.Frustrating I'm sure...I believe in higher forces greater than ourselves. Continue to move forward in hope, hand in hand...may the attorney be given wisdom by the Creator to challenge the parole board's decision.

Saturday, September 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home