Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The way prison changes the family

I was talking to my Friend DH. Her son is recently sent to prison for four years. Now DH is a law abiding citizen never been in trouble. Her son on the other hand has been. She was telling me how her son was charged with rape, kidnapping, among a bunch of other charges. I told her I could look her son up for her. I was planning on giving her infomation on the prison. Visiting things allowed, things not allowed. When I told her that her son was only charged with Rape. At which point she said "Rape oh cool" I started to laugh. Only people involved in the prison system would understand the goofy way prison changes people. Now she didn't mean that it was right that her son was involved in a rape. She mean that he was charged with one crime, not 6 that would eventually be bargined down. Me, I just never thought I would have heard that line coming out of her mouth. So yes, prison changes families and I just had to laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home