Thursday, December 01, 2005

Harriett with a face only a mother could love.


Harriett
Originally uploaded by ravenslove.

Harriett came to me from a very abusive home. She didn't know how to love. Was afraid of everything. She would sit and stare down at the floor. When the phone would ring she would run in circles and bark. She was a weird little dog. I had her from when whe was four until she passed when she was sixteen years old. It was very hard to put her down. She was in a lot of pain and was having accidents. I tried to keep up with her medical conditions. I kept trying to make her better, it just didn't work. So I took her finally to be put down. My grandson Joey went with me. He was 5 at the time. After we were heading home. I hear this little voice in the back seat.
J: Nona?
me: Yes baby.
J: Did Harriett die?
Me crying: Yes baby Harriet's dead.
J: Nona, is Harriett with God?
me: Yes, Baby, Harriett's with God.
J: Nona, is Harriett with Winston? (my other pug who passed)
me: Yes, Harriett's with Winston.
J: Nona, is Winston dead?
me: yes baby Winston is dead
J: Nona, is Winston with God?
me: yes, baby Winston is with God
j: Nona, is Mugzy dead? (another mixed breed)
me: Yes baby Mugzy is dead.
J: Nona, is Mugzy with God?
me: Yes Mugzy is with God.
J: Nona, Does God love dead puppies?

Only a 5 year old could make me laugh on such a sad day. So maybe it's a face that not only a mother could love but also a Grandson.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really is one of the most classic stories, ever.

Thursday, December 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home