Friday, November 25, 2005

Just another holiday.

Thanksgiving. Not the most important holiday in the big scheme of things, especially not since it symbolizes the near annihilation of a race. Yet, it's still a holiday. Another holiday that I am separated from the person I love most in this life and the next. We have been through many holidays. So, why is this year seeming to be so much harder? Maybe because I had gotten our hopes up in May. That he would be home before the year ended. Thanks to the Ohio Parole Board and their crazy ideas of justice, thats not going to happen. We had gotten our hopes up for visits. Thanks to the quitting case manager thats on hold. I was hoping to be able to at least see Raven before these holidays had passed.

The time is moving, quick but not quick enough. It's been 7 months since we got the bad news that Raven would have to do at least 26 months more. We are making it. We just miss each other so much. Holidays for me tend to be the worse. Thats when you should be surrounded by people you love.
Spending the day with your lover. Cuddled up watching football. Instead I spent it in bed not feeling well. Trying to sleep off and on. Talking with Raven on the phone.

Raven is an optimist, I don't know when that happened. Like he said we only have one more Thanksgiving apart. Just one. Then he will be home to me and Lupina.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally understand, girly. Maybe you'll get an unexpected Christmas present! If nothing else, soon it will be 2006.

Friday, November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home