Monday, November 14, 2005

Don't ask unless you really want to know? AKA The Letter

I have been waiting for over a week for "THE LETTER" It came yesterday. It only took me two hours to realize this is information I probably didn't want to know. Some how the old adage what you don't know won't hurt you seems really comforting now. The problem is that, it's not always true. I knew some things about my man. Actually allot of things. They never matter because I love him unconditionally. The man who did the crimes that he is incarcerated for is no more. The man I love is still here. He is loving, comforting and trustworthy. Funny and sarcastic. Now sometimes the sarcastic gets me going, but on the whole I am almost as sarcastic as he is. So it's a nice fit. Since I am from the "right side of the tracks" I thought sometimes that he exaggerated when he told me some of the stories from his past. Stories of things that happened in his youth, with people from his past. I have always wondered if something would come up as he walked out of the gate. Something that would put him back in. Frequently I have nightmares of that very thing happening. Seeing the court house trial in my dreams. Hearing the judge sentence him to Life with out parole or worse, the death penalty. We have plans for a crime free life. Have a couple of young ones, one or two dogs, and living peacefully every after. Now my baby says I have nothing to worry about. No reason for the MAN to want him when he hits the gate. I believe him, but now that I have read the letter, I learned a lesson. Don't ask unless you really want to know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home