Friday, November 04, 2005

My new job!

After almost a year of working for a company that will swindle the customers, their employees and their supervisors out of anything they can get away with, I am now working at a company were your go out to eat with the bosses. They get cakes for people's birthdays. The give Christmas bonuses. This all comes with a change in focus. My old job, I had to lie to get the customers to stay with the service. Now I hate to lie. Unfortunately I have a dog who likes to eat. This means you check your morals at the door and leave them there till you head home at night. With this new job, I get to help the customer, what a novel idea. We are the authorized resellers for over 85,000 online vendors. That means sometimes people hit the button twice and end up with two charges. The package didn't get there or the download didn't work. At that point they call us. We then email the vendor and let them know what the customer needs. We give them 48 hours to fix it or we follow up. I have been thanked in an email three times already. It's a little shocking to my system to get a thank you from a customer. Maybe I better get use to it. My boss knows I am here for the duration. He also knows I want to move up. Now at my old job, you got the run around on how to move up. This job the boss is already offering to work with me and get me the books necessary to pass the tests. That's another thing you actually pass a test to move up. Go figure, it's not based on who you know, but on your knowledge and skill. Everyone is very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help. At my old job you had an average 165 calls per day. Here you need 11 contacts an hour. Somedays that is very easy to reach other times since I am on nights its a stretch. But either way no more sheep and I am happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home