Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Question?

Raven said "I once asked this question to a nut doctor and the answer I got was bullshit. The question was as followed: you take a man with pride, you take all hope, dreams and self respect away from him. You build him up, help him to receive some knowledge, he gains hope, again, and he finds the reason to care and to do right. Then in one wave of the hand, stroke of the pen and a few simple words of the mouth, you deny him again and you leave him standing wondering why. you do all this, the question is now, what is keeping this person from not losing all control, losing what very little sane thoughts he once had and most of all, losing all hopes of any type of future, what's left, needless to say, he had no answer. You keep beating a dog, he'll either learn to except it, or he'll bite back. I'm not wrapped all that tightly when it comes to the mind but unlike everyone around me I had nothing until I met you. You are the most important person to me in my life. You are all that I have to live for in this world. I keep on telling you my darling. I am nothing without you and I have no future if it wasn't for you my love. I love you with all my heart and soul Mrs. Quiroz."
Now I am going to ask, how can we treat any humans the way the DRC does. Raven is right how do we expect these men to come out and survive. The drc makes it very hard to stay in contact and love your convict. They deny visiting on the slightest excuse. They charge astronomical costs for phone calls. They even figure out ways to screw around with your mail.
Then they expect the guys who have no one to support them to take being turned down for parole in stride and not even miss a beat. Raven is old law, that means they gave him a ridiculous amount of time 15-40 on a crime that had he been convicted after 1996 would have given him a flat 10 year sentence, out on good behavior around 8 years. He has been down 10 years and goes before the board tomorrow. We are praying he get out, but in reality he will most likely draw a set back with an out date. More ways for the drc to hold something over our heads. Raven was talking about going before the board and said "I hope that I'm able to make these people understand as well as see that I'm nothing like I was long ago and all I ask for is a chance to prove myself before the Great Spirit, you and them. One chance, is that honestly too much to ask for? I'm hoping not." Should that be to much? According to the percentages on the drc website yes that is asking too much.
The parole board is protecting their jobs by keeping old law inmates in as long as they can with out being sued.
Ok I am ranting now and could continue to for at least a couple of hours. So I will just say "To my husband: Shika, I love you and while there is breath in our bodies there is always hope. As you have said our time is coming. Just stay cool and remember I love you more then life itself. We will eventually win our battle with the odrc."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home