Sunday, May 22, 2005

More parole board

I received a letter from Raven dated the day before he was supposed to see the Parole board. It made me cry and also think.
I have mentioned in another post that Raven will tell anyone who asks that he is guilty of two of the three charges that he was convicted of. The third one he did not do and there is evidence to that effect. Any way in his letter he said "I love you, Maria. I pretty much decided what I'm going to say tomorrow if the question is asked. If it's going to allow me to come home to you that much sooner then I'll admit to something I honestly didn't do. My desire to be home to you, with you. Is much greater than everything else and the code of life I've tried so hard to live by and honor really doesn't mean much when I'm alone, now does it." Raven took a plea, not a good one either, on the advice of an incompetent lawyer. The board will not look at evidence or even statements only that he plead. They will expect him to admit to all aspects of the crime. My heart hurts for him. Admit to something he didn't do, keep his code of life, get more time; Or lie, tell them a story they will believe so they will let him come home with the least amount of time. The ODRC is fucked up.
First off he will not be alone, no matter what, those days are over. I am his wife, I love him more then life and will be with Raven till which ever one of us goes first to be with our grandfathers. Then we will just wait for the other person so we can be together again. He tells me all the time that he is nothing without me, but he has proven over and over again that is not true. Raven is a warrior, fighting to keep his essence, his pride and his spirit alive in a place were everyone wants to tear him down. I was nothing before I met Raven, he taught me how to love myself, gave me some of his pride, and showed me how to overcome adversity. Now I am a warrior's wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home