Monday, October 08, 2007

My husband amazes me.


Billy on the wall.jpg
Originally uploaded by ravenslove
It has been almost a month since we were informed that Raven will not be coming home this year. The last three weeks I have barely been making it. You see I am not use to being promised something, doing the right thing and then being kicked. In my life when you do what your suppose to you get rewarded. I haven't been eating or sleeping well. That has been taking it's toll. During the entire time my wonderful husband has been supportive and loving. He has made the difference in coming to acceptance. I truly wasn't sure I was going to make it.

He was so busy loving me back into sanity that we never talked about how he was handling this. So on our last visit we talked, for over two hours. How was he feeling? Was he alright? would he be ok? His theory, how can he vent to me when it would just set me back. My theory, we need to be able to share everything we are feeling. These would be two diametrically opposed views. He finally asked if we could ponder this for a while. I agreed.

Visiting continued with other conversation. He signed up to finish his electrician cert. Started a job with maintenance at the prison and signed up for a couple of classes. We talked about how many visits we would have before he would be up for parole again (50). How we would continue to love each other and what our future held.

Two hours after visiting I received a call from Raven. The first thing he said to me is that he would be ok. The Raven that would have lost his temper and done something stupid was gone. The knowledge that he had someone who loved him waiting stopped him from doing anything that may catch him more time. He said he would focus on his wife, his job and his education. Hopefully time would go quickly. I told him that I would wait as long as it took.

Unconditional love, when people ask why I wait for a husband who is incarcerated that is my answer. Never asking me to change. Never calling me names. Always loving me. That's why my husband never ceases to amaze me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Holiday said...

こんにちは、初めまして。(^_-)-☆

Monday, October 08, 2007  
Blogger Ravenslove said...

私のウェブログを読んで頂きありがとうございます。

Tuesday, October 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am REALLY proud of you AND your man! I'm glad that you are NOT allowing the ODRC to ruin your lives.

Everything is in God's hands and He will completely and totally amaze both of you!

Love ya! Patty

Sunday, October 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home