Sunday, October 21, 2007

49 To Go. Part 1.


HPIM0236.JPG
Originally uploaded by ravenslove
The anticipation kills us. Raven and I continue to count the days, hours and minutes till we see each other again. We love our visits. We did the first 4 years with out visits. So ours are precious to us.

The day always starts the same. The alarm goes off and I jump into the shower. The phone rings at 6:30 am. "Good morning my Beautiful wife." Raven. "Good morning my sexy, husband." me.
Then we talk about how we get to be together in about an 1 1/2 hour. How we can't wait and how much we love each other. We hang up and I continue to get ready. Jump in the car for the 45 minute drive to NCCI. (30 minutes if no troopers are out). Depending on the mood I jam to Blitz rock (metal) or 97.1 (pop). I usually arrive at the prison about 10 minutes before visitation opens.

When your at visiting you eat vending machine food, bought with a debit card. Not your ordinary debit card but a prison debit card. So my first stop is to get a number, think deli with someone yelling. Number 1, number 1 gets finished, number 2 etc, etc. Then it's over to the machine to put money on the vending card. $20 or $30 usually does it. Time to sit and wait. I was number three today. Officer G calls my number and I go up. You empty your pockets out. Pull them out so she can see they are empty and walk through the metal detector. Today nothing goes off. Sometimes it can be your earings, shoes or belt that sets the machine off. While I am walking through the machine, Officer G tells me that your only allowed 36 pictures to bring in the visiting room. I have about 100. All of a local fair I went too. I take lots of pictures so I can show Raven my day to day life. We share everythng. So back out to the lockers, where I put 64 pictures away. All clear.

We wait for the Control C/O to open the door. Walk through the first door. Once that door closes the actual door to visiting opens. You check in with Officer P. ( the worlds greatest c/o), She assigns your seat. Picture lunch room in kidnergarten. Two chairs facing each other with a table about two feet high between the two of you. Then you wait. Your man has already been called. He comes in from the other side of the room.

The visit begins for real after the first kiss.

The picture, one of the cows at the Lancaster fair.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I can't say I miss going there...I can say I do miss officer P. That woman has one helluva sense of humor!
~S

Wednesday, October 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home