Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Catching up on my life.

Thursday 1/12/06 I was fired from the job I really liked. On Friday I was given my evaluation, it sucked, I have never gotten a bad evaluation. I was written up for things like not using the spell check. Now we have tickets to do. They are questions sent in by customers that need answering. When they run a QA on the tickets there were no spelling errors. So why do I have to run spell check. Our spell check at work recognizes a slang word for orgasm but doesn't recognize a .com company when we are one. I asked R to fight for a better evaluation and was told that it didn't matter. Evaluations don't count for anything. My answer was why have them then. This was just some of the stuff that R does. So, I approached J to request a shift change so that a friend and I could save money on gas by driving in to work together. I told him the reason, saving on gas, sending more time with my dog at night. He then asked me if there were any problems with R. I mentioned a few. He came in and closed the door to his office we barely saw him for the rest of the night. I was told by J to file a complaint on R, that R would never see the complaint and it would just reinforce my request for second shift. Like an idiot I trusted the boss and wrote it up. Now let me tell you don't put anything in writing, especially when your a temp. So after J told me to put it in writing he then proceeded to hang me out to dry. We had a meeting and J lied. Said it wasn't his idea to write up the complaints on R. Now R ran the meeting and proceeded to lie. Said he was always available to answer questions when needed and that his office door was always open. None of which is true. At this meeting J looked me straight in the eyes and told me there would be no retaliation on the complaint. That was Tuesday, I worked Wednesday and was let go on Thursday. So much for believing a boss. So the job hunt is on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home