Friday, December 16, 2005

We shouldn't have to...

We shouldn't have to be punished. Most of us have never broken a law other then speeding. The only thing we have done is fall in love with someone who did. Raven is paying for his crimes, paying for the ones he committed as well as the one he didn't commit. He has been paying for 10 years. I have been paying for as long as we have been together. I can deal with people. People don't bother me. I don't care what people think of me or my relationship. What bothers me is the institutions. The prison who believe that because I used to be a c/o that Raven and I couldn't possibly be in love and that we will never be allowed to visit. We are going through a phase. A phase that has lasted almost two years and will last the rest of our lives. They want to rehabilitate yet they don't want him to have a wife who loves him if she use to be a c/o. Apparently there are drug dealers who can visit the prison as long as they are married to the inmate but a c/o can't. Which is what we found out again today. We won't be able to start visitation again till January 2006. Yea Right. We can hope but I am not holding my breath. We need to get him moved so he can take a class. The class that is supposedly the holy grail of parole. The class that we both think will allow him to come home in 2007. The big question is if he doesn't get the class will they still let him come home?

As if the whole visitation issue isn't enough. MCI is saying I didn't put 100 on the prepaid account. They don't see it. My bank account and it's balance sees it. According to my statement there was 200 put on the prepaid. 7 days ago I faxed the statement to MCI to prove that the payment was there. I called yesterday the fax wasn't there. I have asked a supervisor to call me back. No one has ever called me back. So today I faxed the statement to them again. We shall see. As I was talking to the MCI operator I was explaining for the 15th time what happened. I started to cry. I am so angry and frustrated with the whole situation of visiting and phone bills. I am just tired. We shouldn't have to be punished for loving someone so much that we put up with this crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home