Thursday, June 02, 2005

The reason

Today is a little tough. Last night Raven and I had a conversation that was mentally one of the hardest conversations we have ever had. I was argumentative and harsh. He was short and angry. Neither of us were even rude to each other. Yet the way our phone calls normally are, we were both unerved by the call and the outcome. Last night was the first time we truly talked about the crimes he has comitted and the crimes he was accused of. Not necessarly the same crimes. Sometime during the talk Raven said to me "Just when did you stop believing in me." That hurt. I told him I did believe in him and that I was just trying to understand why the board flopped him for two years. I was trying to make him realize that what the woman told him may not be the truth. Raven puts a lot of value on truth, it's one of the things I love most about him. Unfortunately not everyone is the same. I don't believe the Parole board when they say if he takes the class they will let him out in two years. I think they are waiting to hear something that is not true. They are waiting to hear what happened during the crime. The crime that Raven did not commit. When asked at the parole board Raven told the truth. The Parole Hearing officer said she understood what he was saying.
Told him that she would guarentee that he would get 60 days and out the next time he came up for parole, if he took a class and stayed out of trouble for the next two years. Now I have spoken with people who say she cannot guarentee what will happen in two years. She may not even be here. Not only that but there were a number of errors in the parole decision that lead to more time, at least two months that should not have been added on. This parole hearing officer also promised to help Raven get the class he needs. Again how much should we trust this person?
I don't know. If we can't trust her on that how can we trust her on the issue of parole. So to cut to the chase Raven and I have been under so much stress, we have been taking it out on each other. So this is my blog to say "Babyboy I am sorry."
And that is the reason.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly enough, trust is not something that is fostered in the penal system. It's an entity all it's own and words mean very little to the majority of those in positions of power. Honesty is what is required of men who are locked away, yet honesty is not what they receive in return.

Sunday, November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home