Friday, May 27, 2005

The day after

Today is the day after our hopes for Raven to come home this year were dashed. The parole board decided that we would have another two years to wait till we can be together again. So after a day and night of periodic crying interspersed with all out wailing: comes the day to try and get things done. I spent most of the day e mailing people I think may be able to help.
We may not get the time lowered but we need to get the class they want him to have. The lady parole officer promised Raven that if he will take the class and not get any tickets, she will make sure that he gets parole when he comes up in 2007.
Now as much as we have been spun Raven believes her. I have my doubts but trust Raven's instinct. So we are trying to get him transferred to a prison with the class available. We are also getting him on the Sirak case and well as the Ankrom list.
Both of these are cases involving old law inmates. Raven is old law, if he would have committed his crime some three months later he would have gotten 10 years flat out in 8.
The biggest hurtle to overcome is that fact we are not allowed to visit. I haven't seen Raven in almost a year. Sometimes the pain of not seeing him is so bad it's hard to breathe. I know he feels the same way, I hear it in his voice. The pain of having to hear me say how much I miss him. Saying those words are a double edged sword. When they are said they remind us of how much we love each other and that we will be together forever. On the other hand it reminds us on a daily basis that our lives are not our own. We can't even make the simplest decisions for ourselves. We are continually reminded that our love is some how forbidden. We have been together for over a year and unlike other couples we can not smile at each other to reassure ourselves that things will be fine. When we are feel insecure about life we can't touch each other. These are the things that couples in love do. Not us. We have to overcome all obstacles in writing or by phones calls continuously interrupted by the hated MCI dude. We need visits. So today on the day after, not only have I written people about the class for Raven, but have also written to a couple of people about gaining visits for us. So I am asking my friends who read this to pray that we will be granted visits. Thats the main issue on this, the day after.

1 Comments:

Blogger Faeth Gale said...

You have all my prayers Hon. Candles lit. Sending good thoughts.

Sunday, May 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home