Saturday, October 21, 2006

I had a friend come over.

I had a friend come over. She got here on Wednesday and is here till Sunday. Her man is in the prison were Raven was for over two years. RCI the same place were the ass warden said it would be a cold day in hell before I would be able to visit Raven. C is from South Carolina. The typical southern bell, She has a great accent and a fun personality, boisterous, generous and friendly. Some one who can take a penny and make lincoln scream. She calls herself a professional shopper. She is worried about how her visits are affecting me.

Frankly I have wondered how I feel about her visits also. On one hand I am very happy for her and her man to finally get to see each other face to face. On the other I am jealous. The first day when C was expected in, I was missing Raven so bad I laid in bed and cried. I don't wish for anyone to be kept apart from their love, especially not for over two years like Raven and I. I also don't understand how the Drc can stop us from visiting but let just about anyone else visit.
You can spend years in a prison. Get paroled and off paper and you will be visiting your friends you left behind within 4 weeks. Work for the Drc and never visit.

It will be fine, Raven comes up for parole in March of 2007 and we are hopeful that he will be home by June of the same year. We have said it before they can keep him for now but they can't keep him forever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl you know you are the BOMB!!!! The Woman!!!!! Thank you so much for my weekend. I know how hard it is for the two of you to not see each other but you both still found it in yourselves to be there for me! Thank you both so much! Oh and not to mention the other two (my new niece and nephew) also being there! I don't know if I would have made it through this visit without the four of you!!!! Me and mine both appreciate ya'll (see that southern kicking in with the ya'll) very much! I am so glad that the man upstairs has blessed me with my man and also my very dear friend, even if you aren't from the best part of the US, the south! Thanks again for everything, C & S!

Monday, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, sweetie, you just have to get through each day as best as you can... and some days are just random and wrong... but it's really okay to have feelings all over the map - this isn't a normal situation or a normal life to have... you are strong and you are loved....

D.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home