Sunday, June 29, 2008

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill


6/29/2008
Originally uploaded by ravenslove
This is our anniversery. We have been visiting for a full year. When we started this ride we thought we would only be visiting for three months. Start in June home in August. I am sure I have told the story many times, so I won't go into it again, I will just say it's been Hell.

We are running into c/o's who think it's funny to do everything to ruin our visits. Today the c/o spefically said "lets see how that f**king indian and his squaw like were they sit today" We all know my husband has issues with being surrounded by people. He sat everybody within inches of each other. I had to ask two people to get up so we could leave.

Raven had a migraine, bad enough when you are able to lay in a darkened room after taking some mircle drug. Unbearable sitting elbow to elbow with twenty other people, most of them extremely loud. We started our visit at 8am and finished at 10am. Things have changed very much a year ago I would have fought tooth and nail to stay till the last minute. Now I am more concerned with my husband and his health.

So we left after two hours. Raven was approached by two other inmates as well as a senior c/o who said enough is enough he needs to file an informal complaint against the c/o.

The question do we file and deal with the backlash that may occur or do we continue to put up with this c/o's shit. Opinions greatly appreciated.

Any was that is were the title comes from. We just have to keep going. Eventually we will get out of Hell.

3 Comments:

Blogger tuhmeesuh said...

dangit, you file the complaint! do NOT let them scare you or make you question what is RIGHT. his ass needs to be suspended for that, seriously. you have the right to visit, and he does NOT have the right to pinpoint and pick you out for ANY REASONS.

my hubby would have had a FIT over that had it been us going through that situation...he's been known to go straight up to the warden and question CO activity...in dude's face like, "why are you allowing this to go on? i am writing the state if it continues!" that might not get far, but he has his limits.

complain i say dangit, and pray for protection as you face the perpertrators. but don't let them continue to make your lives miserable, because they will never stop.

Monday, June 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be screaming complain, complain, complain, if I didn't know or at least think I know what the no visits would do to you both again. I hate with everything I have and everything I am what you are going through and also how this all affects you both. I think something does need to be said and done, but how bad will it get after filing a grievance? I know you are both strong as hell, have to be look where you all have been and you are still keeping on. I will say it again and again, I am always in awe of you both. I would just hate for them to do something to retaliate to him filing a complaint that could make this hell even worse! I am as I am typing sending up good thoughts and prayers for you both! I know in the end no matter what they try to throw at you, it can never break you as you all are way stronger than that. I love you both girly!!!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FILE THE COMPLAINT!! Believe me, I know the dilemma you face, but you have so much to go off of that enough is enough.

Towards the end of Bob's incarceration (well, we didn't know it was the end), he was sick and tired and relenting on all their stupidness. So I took the torch and let them know they weren't going to push us or anyone other inmate around any longer.

If all else fails, you can put a complaint in with the State for him being discriminated against due to nationality. That's a good one!!

Let me know if you need help or resources! Patty

Saturday, July 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home